Saturday 23 March 2013

Another way to Communicate Pleeeeze!

Photo: JAMAICAN 'TEXTING' SLANG ACRONYMS-because there are only so many characters on Twitter and SMS msgs.  Do you use text acronyms?

Now I know



I am absolutely hopeless at texting, in fact ownership of a phone is totally wasted on me, as anyone who tries to contact me knows.  Firstly I have a overly cool ring tone which means when it rings myself and my daughter normally start dancing, then before you know it I've missed the call.  Now texting don't get me started I have sent texts to the wrong person on too many occasions to mention.  
My newest phone has that predictor on it, I have had it on for over three months I still don't know if it helps or hinder.  I use to send texts to colleagues at works with all the texting short acronyms.  They would just say "Oh that's Jenny again" I would be like "Whatevs!" 

I find that in texts you spend so long trying to get the tone right that you often don't say what you meant to say, also using a cross between formal English and slang, just gets confusing,

I posted this poem on FB 18th March

#45 I have had it with Texting
I am tired of texting
I am tired of the predictor predicting 
and getting it wrong
It needs to switch off 
Mind it’s on business
Let me spell things wrong
I have had enough of whatsapps
With all its online tracking
It makes me paranoid
Even though there is nothing going on
Blackberry with it’s constant pinging
Everyone has chosen the classic ringing
Which is kind of disturbing
All longing for times gone by
We send an instant message
Then wait for an instant reply
This is the new way of communicating
No more talking
No more waiting
We respond in an instant
Without thinking
Texting things we would never normally say
Not realising these texts are leaving a permanent trace
Texting things you would never say face to face

No comments:

Post a Comment