Monday 25 March 2013

Caught in Cross Fire








Thusha Kamaleswaran, Six-Year-Old Girl Shot In Stockwell, 'Just Wants To Dance Again'
I really have nothing I can say, that reflects my true feeling.  It's all been said.  My fear is it will happen again, two years on, what is to stop something like this happening again.

Guns are too readily available on the streets.  Guns do not come with manuals, everyone imagines that they will instinctively know how to shoot, aim and pull that trigger, how many times have we seen it in a movie or in a game?  All looks so easy.

Too easy to end a life!










#51 I Love to dance

Remember me I was that young girl
Who lay lifeless on the floor
As if the life was not in me anymore
My life as I knew it ended

Shot, paralysed what does this mean?
I am five I have only learnt to read
I cannot understand what is going on
What did I do that was so wrong?

I don’t belong to a gang
I ain’t in no beef
What has happened to me
Is beyond belief

They say I will never walk again
Are they talking about me?
They maybe right
Right now all I feel is pain
I look at my Mother’s face
She looks so sad
My father his face is anger
Me I just feel pain

Now two years on
Working every day before I go to school
My muscles are getting strong
I can stand, I can walk
I am going to prove these doctors wrong
What happened to me wasn’t right
I will not give up
I will fight and fight.
Turn all that is wrong right















No comments:

Post a Comment