Thursday 14 March 2013

Break The Silence

We need to break the silence and the fear that many children find themselves in keeping secrets that should not be kept, we need to create a platform where children can come and speak without fear of judgement, blame or shame. Right now as I type this and by the time it is read many more awful atrocities will be carried out by family members, so called friends towards the young and the vulnerable. Let us not forget those we hold in high esteem, who abuse their authority. Children are a gift from the creator, they should be cherished. My Father always says “A Child does not ask to be born”...




#25 Us
When you said you didn't want to go
I thought you just wanted to spoil my fun
I didn't understand
Thought you were being a drama queen
When I look back oh how I was so mean
What I don't understand was that he was always good to us
If I had a chance to go by myself
I would take it as mum's new man clearly doesn't like us
Mum said he liked young girls
We thought that was big people talk
Of which we have been instructed
Not to come between
But you are his daughter and I am his son
But as they say blood is thicker then water
Sorry for not realising, I could always see something in your eyes
It was the one thing we never shared
Now I understand why
I stand over a Man I once loved and respected
As the knife in my hand is dripping crimson red
I have no regrets
You remain my little annoying sister
I am here to protect
This I was told from the start
Yes I wanted a little brother
But once you came you took my heart
I want to hold you and tell you it will be alright
In time the nightmares will stop
I prayer you will grow to forgive
Then you can heal and learn again how to trust.

Remember my little sister there will always be us!

No comments:

Post a Comment