Sunday 2 February 2014

The perfect crime

posted fb 02/02/14

#362 The perfect crime

Did I tell you he was perfect
he was perfectly mine
I would bore my friends
with the details
of his perfect spirit body and mind
endlessly  was how I went on
describing this guy of mine
the way he walked
the way he spoke
How fortunate I was to make such a find
I would recall the first time I saw him
at the post office
not the sort of romantic setting anyone had in mind
I would speak of the conversations
we shared on that telephone line
I would confide in him
tell him everything
my deepest secrets
my smallest lies
I would lay in his arms
and wish that time would stand still
time would move so quickly on
in the fast forward video caption sort of way
we say we would wait for that day
when time would stand still
presently time just rushed on by
they say time flies when you are having fun
we wished time would stop flying
so we could in you this one

Did I tell you were perfect?
you were perfectly mine
how was I to know what you were doing
was committing the perfect crime
first you stole my heart
then you ###!! with my mind
perfectly you had committed the perfect crime
no witnesses, no reason, no logic could I find
the forensic team rushed to the scene
they dusted, they searched
the devastation those lies
nothing could they do to link you
to the scene of this crime
now along with my heart
I believe I am losing my mind
how was I to know
you had the perfect alibi
the perfect wife and perfect little child
perfectly, perfectly I would wait, wait wait my time
perfectly, perfectly revenge would be mine


No comments:

Post a Comment