Wednesday 20 March 2013

How not to get on a Train


I Love this poem as it was the first time I whipped out my Chromebook and used it on the train, how pretentious am I !?


#11 A Statement
It wasn't an entrance more of a statement
Saying ‘I have arrived!’
As he lay sprawled out on the floor
He wasn't a regular commuter
He was more of an Action Man
Like a broken toy soldier waiting to be thrown out

We sat in silence not sure where to look
No first aid available, no doctor on call
Motionless and there in front of us all
We sat there all stuck to our seats
No idea what to do
We couldn’t pretend we hadn’t seen him
I imagined him still lying there
When I had to get off
How awkward, how inconvenient
What would I do?
I would step precariously around
Hoping not to step on this broken action toy
Then he smiled and moved
We all breathed a sigh of relief and said ‘Phew!’
Just like that it spread around
The carriage it was OK to laugh
The man in front of me put two thumbs up
He could n’t contain his laughter
The group of men in the corner with the ladder
Were Laughing and pointing
We all broke into smiles and laughter
Like we had been given  permission to breathe

Now that's why they say no running onto trains
We have all thoroughly learnt that lesson today!

No comments:

Post a Comment