Wednesday 27 March 2013

Writers Block


It happened.  I hoped it wouldn’t, it was inevitable, after posting 53 original poems 3 were written before I set this challenge for myself.
Recently a few people who have visited my blog, I believe they are impressed with some of the poems,  The general concern is how can I keep it up?  I am confident I can upload 1 poem a day.  I have a backlog of over 100 poems which means I am confident, I  will be able to post a poem a day for  the next 310 days.  so watch this space


I have been fortunate whereby every day by about 12pm i have written at least one poem.  Today well, was a very relaxing day, I had a day off and although a few lines came to me nothing that sounded like a complete poem.  


I know when something is going to develop into a poem.  Like my first poem which I planned to perform at Armaghetto at the Fridge back there in January 1999.  

I remember whenever I got in my car, which was significant to the person  who I had allowed to break my heart.  Whenever I got behind the wheel lines, stanses phrases just kept coming to me.  after a few weeks I suddenly I decided to write it down as it was almost like being haunted, once I put it to paper it felt like an exorcism.  That and the car got stolen 6 months on, which defintely prevented me pondering, reminiscing of this particular person.  Now there’s a reason not to go out with your MECHANIC!

The poem I posted today on FB 27/03/13

#54 This Will Have to do

I need to write a poem
I don't know where to start
Do I write something fictional?
Or maybe something from the heart
I look around for inspiration
Nothing can I find
I look over the breakfast table
Still can't find a rhyme
Unfortunately I don't have a Muse
He looks at me blankly
Now I've made him confused
I cut him off in mid sentence
Something is coming through
I can write these thoughts down
This poem will have to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment