Wednesday 27 March 2013

Then the Baby said....


As a writer I enjoy when I can give those who don’t have a voice an opportunity to come to life in a poem.  We have an ongoing family joke about things that talk that should not.  I often find myself reminding my 8 year old, to be weary of talking food, particularly fruit.  I recently was confessing my love for pink grapefruit .I adore pink grapefruit even above Mangoes and pineapple anyhow.  My daughter swiftly took the pink grapefruit and an orange put them together got down on one knee  and proposed, it was the best offer I had that day, I was tempted to say yes.



Now this poem is much more important than talking fruit.  this is the voice of an abandoned child.  The casualty of a broken home.


Posted on FB 10/03/13

#37 How Could You Leave Me?

How could you leave Me?
You didn't even take the time out to get to know me
How terrible could I be?
When half your DNA runs through me
What could I have done ?
That was so bad
I am confused
You had your fun
I am the one that you have cut loose
I need you now
I know I am small
You are so big
I understand you maybe unsure
How to pick me up
Go ahead I won't break
Hold me, rock me, love me
Until my little heart stops this ache
I need you now
I need you later
Can't you see mums just fronting
She can't do it on her own
If it was the other way around
I would never leave / abandon you
I would hold you, rock you, love you
Till all the lies doubt and confusion
Become truths

No comments:

Post a Comment