Tuesday 26 March 2013

The Joy of Dancing



I spent Thursday evening at dance Festival organised by the local primary schools in Havering.  It was divided in two halfs, so we had to endure a lot of repetition.  I waited for my daughter’s school to come on all though I am sure I had been treated to the whole routine several times in the kitchen.





The standard throughout was much the same (which was high).  Then a group of children came on, we noticed that there were a few more boys and in comparison to the other groups they were smaller.  Also the wonderful helpers stayed on stage throughout to work and encourage two boys who were finding just being on stage very challenging.  


After a while we understood, this particular group of children were from a Special Needs School, I am glad they didn’t introduce them as this.  Their contribution, enthusiasm and general performance was inspiring and enjoyable.  





#50 I am a Believer


The dance festival went on and on
They bopped along to Lion King
Elvis, Mama Mia, Moulin Rouge
Now that was just wrong
Everyone tried their very best
To stay in time and remember all the steps
Then a group came on all shapes and sizes
Two girls in green tutus they were full of surprises
We watched and watched as two boys
Just gazed upwards to the stars
The helpers stayed on stage
They needed to assist
As some stood still others gyrated and twist
They were all over the place
One boy we thought would never get his groove
As the song came to an end
He suddenly  began to move
First a few little steps then a big jump
The chorus line sang out
“I am a believer!”
This is true
I am a believer
I am a believer in you
He dance and danced
I felt the tears
I cried as per usual, as I normally do
When I see a production of
A dream come true
I am believer
We can make a difference
Some read, some write and dance too.

No comments:

Post a Comment