Monday 9 March 2015

Stop Killing My Black Man

Stop Killing My Black Man

Posted FB 14th December 


Twisted Mouths
I put my hand up so he could see
I wasn’t packing
the only crime I had committed
was being Black-IN
the wrong place
at the wrong time
Historically this has been the case
For all the Africans that were captured
and exported
where all their dreams have been aborted
I put my hands up and said
‘I can’t breathe!’
trying desperately to persuade
the officer to let me go
let me be free
he said
I owed him
A debt I had been born into
If we wouldn’t work for free
there was a taxation
of human beings
No! This could not be true
I looked back historically
he was right
it was late at night
normally in the South
where Black men
would swing from Poplar Trees
‘burning flesh and
with twisted mouths’

No comments:

Post a Comment