Wednesday 18 December 2013

Everyone's selling the Big Issue

Met up with a friend in Victoria today, as I walked along Victoria Street I was taken back by the amount of Big Issue sellers.  Well they weren't really selling everyone was just hurrying by as if the were part of the street furniture.  Like the man outside Pret complete with suitcase and quilt.  I guess it must be safer to sleep during the day then the night.  I normally make a point of purchasing a copy of Big issue it is a good read and it is for a good cause.  Today I didn't purchase one for some reason.  Was there too many sellers didn't know who I wanted to help.


posted fb 18/12/13

#298 The big issue

Wherever I go
all around town
there is a phenomenal
going around
it is the ‘Big Issue’
for sale
fallen on hard times
not doing so well
there are those lying
some standing
living their own personal hell
people who look totally out of place
look so competent
in this human race
yet somehow they have fallen
fallen on hard times
this is the scene
in this part of town
they stand quietly
hoping you will buy
you don’t look in their eyes

as you hurry on by

No comments:

Post a Comment