Monday 22 July 2013

Stopped by the Police

This one needs no explanation


Posted fb 22/07/13

#172 Stopped 
Just been stopped by the feds 
Said they wanted to have a look 
Needed to step out 
Turn off the engine 
Show them my book 
I stood by the side 
Wondering about my fate
How it all looked 
I waved frantically 
To a passing friend
I was glad to see him
I couldn't pretend
He got the code
Came over
Now I felt quite bold
He assessed the situation
They confirmed I would be alright
They were not going to kill me
Well not tonight
They said my papers weren't quite right
They allowed me to drive off
Lucky for me
I had stopped in a busy spot
I drove off nervously
Counting my luck
Realising it could all end differently
If I had said the wrong stuff
A thin line we walk
What determines our fate
Each day in my warrior heart
I remember I am a regal great

No comments:

Post a Comment