Monday 1 April 2013

The Fountain of Youth


Like many members in my family I have been blessed with good genes, must be that natural selection process, as a race of people we have been through so much.  Which must mean our gene pool must be at it’s best.  I have a young face, I tell people my age mention my daughters age and straight away I can see the frantic look on their face as they carry out some mental arithmetic working out my age,  I normally interrupt them and proudly announce my age.  To which the doubting conversation starts, apparently most women are ashamed to state their age me I am very proud of my age and my accomplishments.  I think that is sad, we should be proud of our ages regardless, how old we may feel we look.  A man longs to be described as distinguish you often see men in their early twenties playing around with growing a beard or moustache.

There are downsides to not looking your age, I have a friend who has to show id when buying alcohol the supermarket, when accompanied by her teenage children.  Of course there is the unwanted attention by much younger men (so immature they cannot handle rejection) .  The assumption is as an older woman you should be flattered by the attention, well I need a mature man to match my own maturity.  Not looking to mother anyones child.

On a More Serious Note

If you could slowly see yourself aging you may do things differently or at least make preparations for retirement, or death.



#59 Lying to my face

Stop this deceit
Yes that is my age
My face doesn’t show the crease
I don't have the lines
Of father time

Yes I eat what you eat
This mystery has everyone beat
That is why me and my people
They’ve got us on the retreat

We are tested and probed
Yet this is a mystical gift
We take it for granted
Like a secret seed it has been planted

We will reap what has been sown.
The only downside
Is when we believe these lies
Fail to prepare for the end

Stop looking in the mirror
This mirror is not your friend
It has no way of indicating
How close you are to the end

Eternal youth we have found the fountain
This is the sad truth
We need to move with the times
Don't get left behind

No comments:

Post a Comment