Wednesday 24 April 2013

The Chicken and the Egg


The situation in womens prison is appalling.  There are many women stuck in the Drug- Theft-Prostitution cycle.  It’s like the chicken and the egg, which one came first?


Posted fb 24/04/13


#82 Revolving Doors

Give me six weeks
And I will be back again
Give me a fine
I have no way of meeting that deadline
One, two three, fines
Bang me up give me time
How many times will you have me come back
You’ve seen  me interact
You know my profile
All the girls here stand in line
You know I will be back
Drugs
Theft  
Prostitution?
You tell me what is the solution
Revolving doors
Brings me here again
This is not a stranger
Its become a familiar friend
I am hooked
With no way out
You hear my screams
You’re not listening to my shouts
You’ve suppressed my voice
I am lost in the system
There is no way out
Lost in the system
I have no choice

No comments:

Post a Comment