Thursday 7 November 2013

Random Acts of Violence

posted fb 07/11/13

#269 Random act of violence

They call it ‘Random acts of violence’
when there is no cause
my car was sitting peacefully
when it happened
in the middle of the night
I blame everyone
including myself
how could I be so forgetful
so absent minded
leaving my car out at night
by itself
they broke the glass
and rummaged within
I felt violated and mortified
about what they found
they said I was lucky
because nothing they stole
they took my comfort
of knowing that my car was safe
well not no more
I blamed everyone
including myself
my neighbours for not letting me know
how terrible this area had become
the insurance company
said I had to pay
explain why we have insurance anyway
my car drove around
humiliated and wounded
with a makeshift bandaid
oh the humiliation
now everyone knew of the violation

No comments:

Post a Comment