Tuesday 22 October 2013

That test card girl

Now I am showing my age, I remember being fascinated and mesmerised by the girl who sat in the same position all day long, on the BBC before the days of back to back tv and untold amount of channels.  I wonder what happened to her?  well I don't really, she wasn't that talented, never said anything, never moved.  I could have done that, but somehow they never asked me......


posted fb 23.10.13

#257 That little girl


there used to be a girl
who would never move
she would sit with a blackboard
we thought her kind of rude


we would switch on at all different times
convinced she would say something
or at least come up with a rhyme


now there is a man on the tv through the night
he looks like virgil
who I secretly loved
he looks so perfect
as he spins his wheel


he speaks about different numbers
as if he no longer feels
how far we have come
or maybe we have not
maybe we are going back
or maybe we have stopped


now we switch our tv on for that little girl
she has been replace by a man giving a wheel a twirl

No comments:

Post a Comment