Sunday 16 June 2013

Happy Father's Day

I hesitated coz it seemed mean to post this on Father's Day.  So I waited until nearly 10 pm .  That's my only compromise.  There are fathers out there they know who they are.  They are not around in the early years then when they get to pre  teens or some magical age they suddenly want to be in the child's life.  I don't get that. Then they have the audacity to get the same  aka laid as a Mother on Mother's day


posted  fb 16/06/13


#136 Happy Fathers day

For all those fathers
Sitting at home
Waiting for the card
Waiting for the call

Waiting
With your spliff and your special brew
Where did you go wrong?
Why is it this celebration
Is not about you

For all the fathers who quit
Because those nappies was
A little too smelly
Then the fathers
Who wanted to focus
On  xbox and telly

For the fathers who never made
Parents evening
‘What they really need to see both of us?’
I’ve got runnings and things to do

For the fathers who missed
All those school plays
That just went on and on
I don’t need that fuss

For the fathers who never read the night time book
Never bathed the baby
Never rocked the cot
On one of those too many sleepless nights

Where is my present?
Where is my card?
Where are my flower’s?
Not even a phone call
Now I know how it must have felt like
This is so hard

What have I done to deserve this?
Whatever I done
Didn’t you understand
It wasn’t directed at you
Now it’s my time
For a Happy Father’s Day Rhyme

No comments:

Post a Comment